Wednesday, November 25, 2009

part 3: expansion of resources


Part 3 is about the expansion of resources on deinde. For some it may well be the first introduction to some of the stuff deinde has got. I think I've got the chronological order down but its easier to talk about them based on similarity of content.

Google Books list: After an SBL forum post I talked with Bob Buller from SBL and found out he had been making a grand collection. I suggested we collaborate via Google Docs and publish the continual work in progress.

Scripture Indexing Guide: I've payed my do's to the guild as a student and created a few indexes. I came up with a method to simplify the process (as much as possible) and made it available to everyone.

SBL abbreviations: I was surprised to find that there wasn't a good spreadsheet of text file on the next for SBL abbreviations, so decided to make my collection available (Stems from indexing work too :-)

Theological German Grammar: Heading in to my PhD I began the study of Theological German- and like most of us I came to find that there are not many grammars focused on theological German. One that was passed on to me by Lee McDonald was by Walter Bense and published in house at Harvard. I received permission to reproduce it online for anyone to use.

Theological German glossary: Yet another item that I originally made for myself in the study of Theological German. This glossary contains items more specific to Theological German, as well as the essential German words that need to be learned.

Multimedia Greek Flashcards: The following Greek resources have really stemmed from my teaching of NT Greek for the past 3 years. One of my projects was to create multimedia flashcard sets using existing vocabulary software for both Mac and PC. I sell these for a small price and they have been pretty well received (I'll talk about updates to these in the next post)

Flashcard Roundup: In an effort to help students and profs find vocabulary cards for computer, I created this roundup so you know where to find what you want.

Greek Animations: I can take zero credit for these. They were created by Glenn Wooden for use with Mounce's grammar, but can be used no matter what intro textbook you use. These small video files animate the Greek grammar for the students.

Greek Principal Parts: Many of these came to me via Craig Evans and I've added some since then. I plan to expand this dataset even more in the future. I think this is already the largest collection of Greek principal parts on the net, but I may be wrong :-)

Greek Songs: Some of my most popular posts ever were when I unveiled some of my Greek Songs (which I'm working on publishing). This page is the permanent home for them now.


In my last post (should be tomorrow) in this series on the history of Deinde, I want to talk about Bookmarks in Biblical Studies, as well as a few new feeds and some future projects coming down the pipeline.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home