Thursday, April 1, 2010

Naef's Holy Bits book

The great mgvh at Biblical Studies and Technology Tools informed me of a new book by Gorgias press by Thomas Naef called Holy Bits: Subtitle: A Guide for Using Computers in Biblical Scholarship. I look forward to having a copy of this.

However, browsing the TOC, I already see what my greatest fear was when I first heard of the book- the ever-morphing nature of the internet and quick rise of new software means a book like this is already somewhat dated when it arrives. For instance, I perused the TOC on the Gorgias site. For bibliographic management software, there are two glaring omissions. Sente is missing for the Mac, and Mendeley is missing as a great free option (Mac and PC). Still though, this looks to be a great book!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home